Thursday, October 2, 2008

My Term Project

It has long been known that there has been a divide among the general population between African-Americans and Caucasians in the United States; one can see the disparities amongst African-Americans from educational and socioeconomic attain, to losing out on equal salary rates and high level positions to their equally qualified counterparts. Consequently, it is not a mystery that some of these similar issues would spillover to the technological divide that exist among African-Americans.

1 comment:

TT said...

I know I'm commenting after I already saw your presentation, but I wanted to point out what I thought was interesting. I remember you said that employers were less likely to hire someone based on their name. Like Jamal would have a harder time getting a job than John (if, say, they both posted resumes online). Its funny how those certain employers get the person's identity based on their name (and actually take it into account). I think thats true for any foreign sounding name & I wonder if some people actually think about this when naming their kids.